The application can be found at this link and will be due at 12:00PM (noon) on Saturday, September 4th.
Be one of the 33-38 students on SAB who plans and executes all major campus events throughout the academic year, including concerts, comedians, special speakers, films, interactive productions, and more! Being a board member is a large time commitment, but it’s a very rewarding experience.
- Be a full-time undergraduate or graduate student of Truman State University
- Maintain a 2.50 cumulative GPA (first year students may still apply if they have no collegiate GPA)
- Attend a weekly committee meeting (1 hour – date & time TBD), a weekly board meeting (1+ hours – Thursdays at 6:00 pm), and an office hour (1 hour – date & time TBD)
- Work a minimum of 3 events per semester outside of both mandatory and committee events
- Maintain confidential information
- Have a direct vote in how we use our funding (received from the Student Activities Fee)
- Develop professionally by applying leadership, communication, and marketing skills with tangible outcomes
- Be a part of a close group of dynamic student leaders across campus
- Learn how to plan an event from start to finish
- Help coordinate the biggest and most complex events on campus
- Develop a better understanding of how Truman operates
- Learn how to resolve conflicts and manage risks of all sizes
- Represent the student body in a unique way
From our pool of applicants, the Selections Committee conducts a series of interviews to determine who should be inducted.