New member applications are closed.
Be one of the 30-35 students on SAB who plans and executes all major campus events throughout the academic year, including concerts, comedians, special speakers, films, interactive productions, and more!
From our pool of applicants, the Selections Committee conducts a series of interviews to determine who should be inducted. Being a board member is a large time commitment, but it’s a very rewarding experience.
- Be a full-time undergraduate or graduate student of Truman State University
- Maintain a 2.50 cumulative GPA (first year students may still apply if they have no collegiate GPA)
- Attend a weekly committee meeting (1 hour – date & time TBD), a weekly board meeting (1+ hours – Thursdays at 6:00 pm), and an office hour (1 hour – date & time TBD)
- Work a minimum of 3 events per semester outside of both mandatory and committee events
- Maintain confidential information
- Represent the student body in a unique way
- Have a direct vote in how we use our funding (received from the Student Activities Fee)
- Develop professionally by applying leadership, communication, and marketing skills with tangible outcomes
- Be a part of a close group of dynamic student leaders across campus
- Learn how to plan an event from start to finish
- Help coordinate the biggest and most complex events on campus
- Develop a better understanding of how Truman operates
- Learn how to resolve conflicts and manage risks of all sizes