Be one of the 30-35 students on SAB who plans and executes all major campus events throughout the academic year, including concerts, comedians, special speakers, films, interactive productions, and more!
From our pool of applicants, the Selections Committee conducts a series of interviews to determine who should be inducted. Being a board member is a large time commitment, but it’s a very rewarding experience.
- Be a full-time undergraduate or graduate student of Truman State University
- Maintain a 2.50 cumulative GPA (first year students may still apply if they have no collegiate GPA)
- Attend a weekly committee meeting (1 hour – date & time TBD), a weekly board meeting (1+ hours – Thursdays at 6:00 pm), and an office hour (1 hour – date & time TBD)
- Work a minimum of 3 events per semester outside of both mandatory and committee events
- Maintain confidential information
- Represent the student body in a unique way
- Have a direct vote in how we use our funding (received from the Student Activities Fee)
- Develop professionally by applying leadership, communication, and marketing skills with tangible outcomes
- Be a part of a close group of dynamic student leaders across campus
- Learn how to plan an event from start to finish
- Help coordinate the biggest and most complex events on campus
- Develop a better understanding of how Truman operates
- Learn how to resolve conflicts and manage risks of all sizes
New member applications are now open!
Fill out the online application or download one.
Paper applications can be found at:
SAB Office (SUB 1104)
Center for Student Involvement (SUB 2000)
Multicultural Affairs Center (Baldwin 109)
Center for International Students (Baldwin 104)
Writing Center (Kirk 120)
New member applications are due Friday, Sept. 1, 2017 by midnight.
Not sure about applying? Feel like you don’t know enough about SAB?
Come to one of our Open Houses!
Dates: Tuesday, Aug. 29 and Wednesday, Aug. 30
Time: 6:00 pm
Location: CSI Complex (lower level of the SUB)