Looking for something to do other than binge-watching shows on Netflix? We’ve got a few ideas to keep you entertained from the comfort of your living room!
- Doodle with Mo Willems! Join Mo Willems, Kennedy Center Education Artist at home for a LIVE daily doodle lesson during lunch! You can’t make a live stream? No worries, videos of each session are available on the Kennedy Center YouTube channel.
- Do you miss going to the rec or your workout buddies? Check out the Planet Fitness Facebook page for live-streamed workouts throughout the day! Yoga is more your cup of tea? Try CorePower Yoga to keep up with your healthy habits from the comfort of your living room! Or check out this YouTube channel filled with Zumba Fitness Classes as a fun alternative!
- Meditation is one of the most powerful ways to alleviate stress, especially during these challenging times. Check out UCLA Health’s introduction to Mindful Meditation for short sessions in both English and Spanish. Or try 1 of 70 Guided Meditations to relax and unwind after a long day!
Virtual Tours and Museums:
Tour some of the world’s best museums from NYC to France and London, all while sitting on your couch. Visit these links for virtual tours of various museums and specific exhibits.
- British Museum, London
- National Gallery of Art, Washington D.C.
- The Louvre
- Van Gogh Museum, Amsterdam
- Pergamon Museum, Berlin
- Musée d’Orsay, Paris
Or check out some amazing National Parks and Landmarks around the world.
- A virtual field trip to Ellis Island
- Take a tour of England with this 360 video
- Virtually discover Yellowstone National Park and 5 other National Parks courtesy of Google!
- Walk along The Great Wall of China
- Explore the surface of Mars with the Curiosity Rover
Lions, tigers, and bears, oh my! Sometimes, a cute and cuddly distraction is all you need! Check out several different animal cams including silly sea otters, curious elephants, and mellow drifting jellyfish. LIVE!
- San Diego Zoo
- Monterey Bay Aquarium
- St. Louis Zoo – Penguin & Puffin Coast
- Smithsonian’s National Zoo & Conservation Biology Institute
- Ouwehand Park Polar Bears & Cubs
- Georgia Aquarium
- Explore Live Cams
More Fun Things To Try!
- Go to an in-home concert listed on Billboard’s Live Streams & Virtual Concerts list. Continually updated!
- Look at the 25 Most Interesting Webcams of 2018
- Have a Netflix Party with friends watching your favorite movies and shows together! (but not actually, you both should be at home or at least 6 feet apart)
- Stargaze or Have a Long-Distance Movie Night with family and friends
- Choose one of these Broadway Plays or Musicals that you can watch on stage from home. You’d rather watch musical television? We’ve got you covered! Try this List of 11 Musical TV Shows to binge-watch at home, after your Zoom lectures of course!
- Create a Collaborative Playlist with your friends or jam out to Rita Wilson’s Quarantunes playlist.
- Need a new book to read? Check out Truman State’s Library to check out an ebook
- Print off 1 of 1,500 coloring pages from Just Color
- Find a new hobby such as Making Towel Animals, Crocheting, or choose from thousands of other video tutorials on YouTube
- Listen to a live recording of the Seattle Symphony
That’s right, these were suggested by YOU!
- Discover 11 of the best museums Dubai has to offer! Way more than a history lesson, you can read about life in Dubai, gen Z, and almost anything in between
- These days, national parks seem like the perfect socially distanced vacation! Check out some of the most visited parks in the USA to begin planning your Ultimate Road Trip
- Begin crafting virtually or start a new project! Regardless of your background in art, this website could keep you busy with tons of ideas for art projects
- Want to try embroidery, make a friendship bracelet, or look through enough DIY projects to keep you busy for days? This crafting guide would be perfect for you!
COVID-19 Updates & Resources
Truman State University is staying up to date with information to make decisions in the best interest of its students, faculty, and the Kirksville community to address the changing status of COVID-19. Please visit the university’s website for more information about the virus and its impact on Truman State University, precautions that have been implemented, and prevention measures you and your family can take.
If you have questions about this page or new ideas please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.